Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
The Kreativ Blogger Award comes with some rules:
1. You must thank the person who has given you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who has nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 other Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on which of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated
I wanted to join shatec when I graduated from school. But somehow or rather I went into engineering class. I pick up baking again in year 2007 and can't stop myself from buying baking barang barang and recipe/cookery books (走火入魔)I also enjoy surfing food blogs and guess this is where I start my blogging journey and making new baking kakis!
These are some of the blogs that I wish to nominate.
Bake for fun
Me & MyBakez
Friday, July 17, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
160gm cream cheese
30gm corn flour
4 egg yolks
4 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar (I omitted this)
100gm sugar (Reduce to 75gm)
pinch of salt
1) Grease & lined the bottom of two 20cm oval pans. Wrap outside of the pans in foil.
2) Melt (A) using double boil method
3) Add (B) & mix until well combined. Add (C) & mix till well blended
4) Whip (D) till soft peak. Add to (3) & fold in the egg whites
5) Pour into pan and bake in water bath at 160c for 40-45mins or till golden brown
6) Remove cake from the oven. Remove from mould immediately. Set aside to cool
* Milk can be replace with whipping cream for a more creamy taste
Friday, July 10, 2009
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
100gm bread flour
1) Mixed flour with water and blend well
2) Boil (1) and constantly stirred
3) bring to boil till 65C & turn off the fire ( I don't have any thermometer so I turn off the fire upon seeing the mixture thickens)
4) Cover with cling wrap and keep in fridge when cool. Having wrap will prevent any water loss. Can keep the remaining for abt 1-2 days. However, if it turn greyish it should be discarded
This appended dough is meant for Custard bun but I use it for my otah bun.
210gm bread flour
56gm cake flour (I used plain flour)
20gm milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
6gm instant yeast
84gm of 汤种
22gm unsalted butter
1) Mixed SET A. Avoid placing the salt and sugar directly over the yeast
2) Mixed SET B into (1). Mixing is done at low speed
3) Upon all ingredient are well mixed, increase to mid speed
4) Add butter only when the gluten in the flour starts to form
5) once the dough is ready, prepare for first proofing. Cover with cling wrap
6) It takes abt 40mins or stop when dough double it size
7) knead to smaller dough abt 60gm each and rest for 10mins
8) start to fill in the desire filling
9) Ready for 2nd proofing. Abt 40mins
10) Egg wash and baked at 180c @15mins or golden brown