Saturday, January 31, 2009

Blueberry & Pandan Roll

Blueberry & Pandan Roll


I brought some Blueberry & Pandan Roll to grandma house. I made use of 2 different mehtod to make the rolls. The blueberry is using seperate eggs method while the Pandan is using a standard sponge cake recipe. Though both recipe yield soft cake, I preferred the former, the texture is more soft and fine. I need to improve the rolling part....notice its skinless for my blueberry?
Sponge Cake Recipe (Yield a 11x14 thin cake baked @ 180c)
Ingredients
4 eggs
100gm sugar (I reduce to 75gm)
100gm plain flour
100gm melted butter ( I reduce to 50gm & add another 50gm of milk.)
Instant jam i.e kaya or blueberry jam
Method
1) Whisk eggs and sugar at maximum speed for about 5-6 mins till batter become stiff (the batter will turn light yellow and thick)
2) Fold in sifted flour using mixer do not over mix but do ensure the flour are well incorporated
3) Add in the warm butter (Butter & milk) and mix well till butter turn shiny
4) Pour into grease tray and bake for 13-15mins
5) Turn cake out from the tray and leave to cool
6) Spread jam and roll the cake
I found this clip on how to roll the cake.

No comments: