Have some cabbage left in the fridge hence decided to do 水煎包 again. This time I add more seasoning to the filling. On top of that I fried 2 eggs and added some fresh mushroom. Yummy! My next attempt will be 胡椒饼 :P
250gm plain flour
150gm minced meat
1/2 tsp salt ( can increase if you prefer a more savory filling)
2Tbs sesame oil
thick chicken stock sauce (any type. jst happened I have this in my fridge)
50gm carrot (diced)
150gm cabbage (diced)
4 fresh mushroom (diced)
2 eggs pan fried and (chopped to smaller piece)
some black fungus (diced)
some vermicelli (cut)
For pan frying(A) (mixed and set aside. Remember to stir when using it)
10gm plain flour
1) add water + salt to the minced meat and use 2 pairs of chopsticks and stirred vigorously @ one directon
2) add the rest of the seasoning sauce and the remaining ingredient meant for the filling. Mix and keep in fridge
3) Prepare the dough. Add all ingredients and knead it to a smooth dough ( The texture of dough should somehow similar to the dough we make bread. I usedKA speed 2 to mix).
4) Rest at room temp for 50mins or double the size with the dough cover
5) Roll the dough and cut about 8-10 pcs of smaller dough. Depending on how big you want the pao to turn out.
6) Start to work on the 1st smaller dough you have cut earlier. Used a rolling pin to flaten it to make a round shape.
7) wrapped the filling into the dough. Avoid the filling to touch the edge of the dough when wrapping. Else you will have difficulty to close up the dough
8) Rest the wrapped pao at room temp for 15-25mins cover with dam cloth
9) pour some oil to a frying pan
10) placed the pao onto the pan and pour abt 2 ladle of (A) and cover it to simmer. When (A) is almost drying up drizzle some sesame oil.
11) overturn the pao and serve hot
Managed to find this in you tube on how to wrap. Good one. :) Have fun