Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kaya


I have google for kaya recipe and settled down the recipe from 人生加油站. I have almost everything at hand. I have reduced the amount of sugar to suit my taste. However my kaya turn out not very smooth but still is spreadable. Perhaps got to do with the modification I have made.


Ingredients (modified)

3 eggs

160gm fine sugar ( think can reduce further to 140 -150gm)

2 tsp molasses sugar

120ml coconut milk (I used packet type)

6 leaves of pandan leaves (cut)


method

1) Using double boil method. In a saucepan stirred eggs, sugar & molasses sugar till melt.

2) Sieved (1) using a strainer

3) placed pandan leaves into (2) stirred the mixture

4) add coconut milk and stirred till thicken

5) Remove pandan leaves

5) cool (4) before storing into bottle

3 comments:

annann said...

hello! I'm annann from 人生加油站.frist time drop by to ur blog. u say that ur kaya turn out not very smooth,maybe is because the method add in coconut milk, next time u try to add in slowing,or u can separe it to 4 to add in.(希望你不见意我的鸡婆。)

Quinn said...

Dear Fatmum Baking,

You might wanna try mine:

http://bakingquinn.blogspot.com/2009/10/kaya-spread.html

It's cheating but it's smooth, both texture and taste wise were not compromised.

Cheers!

FATMUM said...

annann, 欢迎光临。一点都不鸡婆,非常谢谢你的意见。有空常来我家坐坐:)

Quinn, will try out your recipe once my batch of kaya run low. Thanks for visiting my blog :)