I have google for kaya recipe and settled down the recipe from 人生加油站. I have almost everything at hand. I have reduced the amount of sugar to suit my taste. However my kaya turn out not very smooth but still is spreadable. Perhaps got to do with the modification I have made.
160gm fine sugar ( think can reduce further to 140 -150gm)
2 tsp molasses sugar
120ml coconut milk (I used packet type)
6 leaves of pandan leaves (cut)
1) Using double boil method. In a saucepan stirred eggs, sugar & molasses sugar till melt.
2) Sieved (1) using a strainer
3) placed pandan leaves into (2) stirred the mixture
4) add coconut milk and stirred till thicken
5) Remove pandan leaves
5) cool (4) before storing into bottle