I have baked several chiffon cakes but all the sides are not brown. So when I see this cake...I'm so happy with it. I used another recipe and made some alteration.
Banana Chiffon Cake
Yield a 23cm/25cm tube pan. Bake @ 170c @ 45mins
6 eggs yolks
1/4 tsp salt
230gm smashed banana
1/2 tsp Lemon juice
drops of banana essence (optional)
Set (B) Sieved together twice
180gm plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar (Optional )
1) Using hand whisk, whisk egg yolks and sugar till colour turn lightly.
2) Add salt, milk, oil, smashed banana (with lemon & essence added)
3) Add in Set (B) and mix well
4) Used another clean bowl, whipped the egg whites till bubbly and add in the sugar. Whipped till stiff peak
5) Fold in 1/3 of the whites into (3) and mixed well. Fold in the remaining whites till incorporated.
6) Bang the pan to remove trap air
7) Bake the cake at lower rack. When top begins to brown use a baking paper and loosely cover it