Monday, November 29, 2010

Aspiring Bakers #1: Kahlua Chiffon Cakes 咖啡戚风蛋糕

Yap have decided to join in the fun by Small Smaller Baker who make an effort to come out with this monthly baking event. The dateline is tomorrow so am actually in time to submit my Kahlua Chiffon Cake (咖啡戚风蛋糕)recipe obtained from 好吃戚风蛋糕轻松上手


Ingredients to make a 20cm cake. Baked at 180c for 40mins ( I used eggs weighing abt 70gm and able to achieve a 20cm cake + 2 small cake)

5 eggs yolks
130g sugar (I used 110g)
65g oil
4 Tbs instant coffee melt in 70ml hot water ( I used Nescafe)
1 2/3 Tbs kahlua (I used 2 Tbs)
130g cake flour ( I used 110g plain flour + 20g corn flour)
7 egg whites ( I used 5 egg yolks and 6 egg whites)
1) Beat egg yolks with 1/3 of the sugar
2) add oil, melted coffee, kahlua
3) fold in flour
4) whisk egg whites with the remaining sugar till stiff peak
5) fold 1/3 of (4) into (3)
6) Pour (5) back to (4). Do not over mix
7) Pour (6) into baking tin at a height and give the tin a bang lightly before going into the oven
8) unmould when cool

5 comments:

DG said...

Your chiffon looks good! With additional kahlua in it, definitely will give the cake a stronger coffee taste. :)

Small Small Baker said...

Thanks for joining! Do support for future events ok. :)

FATMUM said...

DG, indeed it gave a strong coffee aroma! =)

SSB
Thanks for making this event happen!

hanushi said...

This chiffon will be greatly welcomed by coffee lovers. :) Looks great!

Viv said...

wow what a twist with kahlua haha. i still need to learn to make chiffon...it always fail for me ><