Since dh don't like to eat sweet stuff, decided to steam this pumpkin kueh. This recipe was extracted from a book I bought recently from my KL trip.
Pumpkin Steamed Kueh
300gm rice flour
600gm pumpkin (remove skin and shred)
6 cloves of mushroom
100gm minced meat
1 tbsp salt
½ tbsp pepper
Some white sesames
1) Rinse pumpkin, remove skin and cut into shreds. Rinse mushroom, soaked till soft & cut into shreds
2) Pour rice flour into a big bowl, add in 400ml of water & mix well
3) Heat the wok with 3 tbsp of oil, fried the shallots used for topping. Dished up the fried shallots and used the oil to stir fry mushroom, minced meat over medium heat until fragrant, then add in pumpkin and stir fry for 2 mins. Add in the remaining 500ml water, seasoning and cook for another 3 mins.
4) Gradually pour (2) into (3) and then stir cook till it become thicken. Pour the mixture into greased baking mould (or you can lay the plastic paper meant for kuek making) and placed into a preheat wok and steam over high heat for 40 mins.
5) Spread shallot, sesames and spring onions